Monday, September 17, 2007

number 5

Have you ever thought to yourself, "Man; I wish I could see and/or buy The Preposterous Man's fifth bent keyboard"? Well today is your lucky day. (It's sold, so it might not be your lucky day)

This one is controlled entirely through what some call "body contacts", but is more accurately described as bolts, in this case. But sure does make some neato sounds:

(It may get boring, but I saved the best for last, so listen all the way through)



You see, you place your fingers on the bolts, which are attached to wires, which are attached to contact points on the circuit board. Your body conducts electricity, with a high resistance, thus creating some of the wackiest sounds ever heard.

The good news is that I got this one to make the cool sound number three made, but it can be reproduced, and controlled to an extent, with this instrument.

What did I add?:

1) Four bolts
2) One hex screw
3) one 1/8" output (It's sort of noisy, but it was the same with the other one of these I had)

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Preposterous - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008