Thursday, September 13, 2007

keyboard number 2

Want to buy?

All the samples are at the bottom. Listen to the last one, it shows off what this keyboard can really do.

This little keyboard is my second bend. It is pretty crudely built, but is solid, and works pretty great. I added three switches, and a variable control knob, which activate, and control, about six or seven bends. Its hard to keep count, because I wired it so you could have different switch combinations do different things. I have mapped out all known bends, and will include a "manual"(one sheet of paper) of switch combo's. Here are the functions I added to it:

1) fast
2) slow
3) normal, which fades into another slow, when the knob is turned
4) synth instrument 1, a and b
5) synth instrument 2, a and b
6) pause

The knob can control all of the bends to some degree. Due to the way I built it the sounds that the synth instrument settings produce will change as the machine warms up. You can get a lot of weird sounds out of this.

I have also included an eighth inch output jack, which is in stereo (mono on both channels), for sampling. It is sort of noisy, and I did some noise reduction on the samples, although I think I was recording at too high a volume anyway.

Its also got about 14 (the number of white keys) songs on the demo feature, but they may not all be available with certain bends activated, I didn't test that. I don't really know what else people want to know about circuit bent stuff, so if I have left anything out, please ask.















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

testin' the comments

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Preposterous - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008