Friday, November 30, 2007

#15


#15
Originally uploaded by preposterousman
Here it is everyone. It took me a while to finish this. Believe it or not the hardest part of bending, for me at least is trying to come up with, or build enclosures. This time I made one out of cardboard. Looks pretty sharp doesn't it?

Yep, the enclosure is made of a stiff cardboard, and is painted with some pretty sweet spray paint. It is all shiny and nice. The knobs (4 out of 5) are off of a vintage television.

It has an 1/8" input, and output, and five distortion knobs. It is designed to modulate the input of other electronic instruments, but it can produce its own sounds, and quite well.

It takes one 9v battery.






















I think most of the sound samples work now. If they happen not to, just wait a while, or come back again, or if you're real desperate to hear em', just leave a comment, or email me, and I will give them to you. Also if you are annoyed by the lack of sound file dependability, and believe in what I am doing, give me some money.

On two, or three, I can't remember, I had to use the laptop mic for lack of sufficient cables and adapters, so the sound quality may be poor, and I think on one, perhaps the last one I forgot to amplify it in audacity, so you may need to turn it up.

When ever I record stuff, it is probably my first time to sit down with the instrument, so It is not as if I really know what I am doing with it. This means there still could be a whole lot of cool unfound (apparently unfound isn't a word) sounds in them. Also all patterns, and/or beats you hear are independently produced by the instrument. I'm just turning knobs:


This one is #15 working all by itself


This one is #14 being modulated by #15


This one is #13 being modulated by #15


This one is #15 being modulated by #13

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Preposterous - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008