Saturday, November 17, 2007

#13

Want to play with this? Well you will need to buy it. If interested click here. Audio and video at the bottom.

I did it again everyone! Meet #13 (to the left). Of all the things I have made, I like this one most.

I still am no good at describing these things, but I'll give it my best shot.

It generates a simple tone, which is then controlled by eight potentiometers (knobs), and four toggle switches. Five of the potentiometers control pitch; three pitch it up, and two pitch it down.

It is necessary to have all those pots for pitch, as precise control comes into play when the tone is fed into the modulation circuit.

The tone generation circuit has three switches which control it. All three need to be on, but only one can affect the sound, that being the middle one, if my memory serves me. When switched off it deactivates the tone, but in a pleasant way.

It has a separate circuit that the tone is fed into to modulate the sound further. This circuit has one switch, top middle, to turn it on, and three pots, which add different distortion, and generally do insane things. I got five commas in that last sentence.

This really can produce a lot of sounds and I am super proud of it. It also has an input into the sound modulation circuit, and an out put, to your favorite computer, or amp, or tv. Both are rca.

It also features a 1" x 1" likeness of its maker above the top middle knob.

Audio. Its long cause I was just goofing on it, had no real plan, but it gets good nearer the end, so listen to the whole of it:



You really need to see a video, as that would demonstrate how you can control it like a theremin.

Video:

Look for this when I can convince my friend to bring his camera to my house, or I travel over to his. Worst case scenario, it will be next Sunday before I can get it done.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Preposterous - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008