Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Whoops

I know, it's been a while, but I have no excuse. So anyways, to update those loyal readers, who DO exist, I spent all of a day last week, can't remember which one, trying to bend up the casio ca-110. I failed rather miserably, and so turned to the internet, who didn't have much to say, though I did find this reference to the ca-110:

"I just bought 2 of the CA110. I was kind of disappointed when I opened them up. Just 2 chips. One synth and one amp. I have not bent very much on this kbd yet, but I found that there is a good but very random glitch on the middle top pin of the synth ic. shorting it to one of the other pins. It is random, so you have to sample rather than live perform. I think this is like what one guy calls "shitshot". I found the bossa nova rhythms hilarious and fun to jam with though."


I was able to find more bends than that guy, but I'm generally better than most people. Even so, they weren't extremely satisfying bends. But then I had an idea.

I was out trying to discern what my options might be, when I found an amazing keyboard. I knew it would be more bendable, and so I figured I would make it a module of the bigger casio.

Then another idea hit me. Why don't I feed this stuff through one of those toy voice changers? Wire the output of both keyboards as the input of the voice changer. I have seen a casio filtered through a voice changer, and It did some stuff, let me tell you! So I bought one.

You're updated.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Preposterous - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008